Re: E-MOd wing rules Q

To: ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: E-MOd wing rules Q
From: Smokerbros@aol.com
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2004 19:48:59 EDT
In a message dated 6/30/04 9:12:04 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
aescano@guidant.com writes:

> Did i read the SCCA Rule Book incorrectly?
> I thought that a rear spoiler needs to be attached directly to the body and
> a 10.0 inch height limit.

Wow, I was confused, at first!  Section 18. (end of 2nd paragraph, pg. 150)
would indicate that it may not be moveable, but isn't otherwise restrictive.
18.1.J (pg. 151) places additional restrictions on wings and skirts  used on D
and E/M cars.  So, I think his wing really has to conform to the definition of
"stock" parts, where a rear spoiler can conform to 17.2.P (pg. 132)  which
allows you 10", etc.  So, yes, I think you are right!

Charlie