RE: VictoRacer vs ECSTA

To: Johann Schubert <jes@rx7.org>, Bay Area Racers
Subject: RE: VictoRacer vs ECSTA
From: "Thana, Peter {HTS~Palo Alto}" <peter.thana@ROCHE.COM>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2004 13:04:15 -0700
Hi John,

There are two ECSTAs.  The old ECSTA V700, and the new ECSTA V710.  If
you're talking about rain I can only assume you mean the ECSTA V700, as
the ECSTA V710 looks a lot like a Hoosier A3S03.

As for the ECSTA V700, if you have a choice, stick with the Victoracers.
The difference is, the Victoracers are great and the ECSTAs kinda suck.
Or one Kumho contract driver told me- they are both good at hooking up
and putting down power in a straight line, but once you turn the wheel
the ECSTA starts losing out.  AFAIK everyone uses the Victoracer for
rain as well.

The ECSTA V710 is a different story.  Haven't tried them, but they are
supposed to be amazing in the dry.

Peter