Re: Smog exemptions

To: Richard Urschel <osp13@mybluelight.com>
Subject: Re: Smog exemptions
From: Johann Schubert <jes@rx7.org>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2004 10:42:31 -0700
Obviously this discussion is for our entertainment only as the state doesn't
give a **** about our opinions...  ;-)

Richard Urschel wrote:
> No exemptions for race/autocross/collector cars? Turn in your SCCA
> membership card at once!

Well, I suggested: "It *must* pass at the tailpipe... No 30 year rolling or
other age exemption for *normal* registered vehicles." The key to my suggestion
is "at the tailpipe". Why should the hardware/software used matter on say a 25+
year old car? There are also special plates for antiques & historical vehicles.
If you're coming in on a trailer, you don't need a plate anyway. ;-)

BTW I believe somewhere in the SCCA rules is a disclaimer about SCCA not
condoning modifying emissions equipment on cars that are street driven... So if
they don't condon modifying emissions equipment, then why are there so many
classes for such cars? ;-)   SP, SM, etc...

John

"Horsepower and clean exhaust are not mutually exclusive..."