Re: Hi! (and a request for a shop...)

To: ba-autox@dankeen.com, ba-autox@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Hi! (and a request for a shop...)
From: Sethracer@aol.com
Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2005 23:45:51 EST
In a message dated 1/6/2005 6:48:42 PM Pacific Standard Time,
postmaster@dankeen.com writes:

Dan Keen  wrote:
So, being entirely new to this
area, I was wondering on recommendations  of shops.  What I'm ideally looking
for is something in/near Cupertino,  something that's cheap, and something
that
I can throw the car up on the lift  and look at for free so I can determine
what I need to do (damaged, replace,  or beat back into shape with a BFH).

Dan - I'll bet many muffler shops will put your Camaro up for you (and  them)
to inspect, in hopes of getting the repair business from your exhaust
system. I had the exhaust looked at on a car.  At the same time I asked the
guy if
it was okay to install the CAGS bypass on the 6-speed. If you find them  at a
slow time, they usually like to check out the mod-ed cars. You might try
Kwik-way Muffler on Kiely near Stevens Creek or Michael's Muffler on El Camino
in
Sunnyvale.

You also  wrote:
PS Saw a red C6 on Saratoga Blvd today with the license plate AUTOXER...  very
nice!

Thanks, Dan! Although, ironically, the Corvette is not my autocross  car,
Like you I have been running a Camaro. But it's been a while.

Seth  Emerson
Sethracer@aol.com
C's the day! Corvair, Camaro,  Corvette