RE: Round 0 STS Tires

To: Stuart Langager <slangager@yahoo.com>,
Subject: RE: Round 0 STS Tires
From: Charlie Davis <gt40d@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2005 15:24:08 -0800 (PST)
--- Stuart Langager <slangager@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Yesterday I ran HS on my 205/50/16 Falken FK451's.
> This is my second event on these tires and I didn't
> experience near the tire squall at Oakland that I
> did
> in my first event at Candlestick.  To be honest, I
> was
> fairly impressed as to how predictable these tires
> were and how well they stuck even at full
> tread(Normally these should be shaved to get optimal
> performance).   Either way, they might be a possible
>
> option for you if you cannot get the Azenis or MX's
> in
> your size....

I chose the MX's, due mostly to the heat buildup
problem of the Azenis'  I noticed a lot of water on
the ground in the multi driver line, from people
cooling their tires.  The MX's got better with every
run, but took a while to build heat.  I'm thinking
about another set, shaved,and leaving these as the
rain tires.  Or...  a set of Falkens for asphalt...
Just thinking out loud at this point.  It'll be
interesting to see whether the MX's are better at the
next event right from the start...

Charlie

http://mobile.yahoo.com/maildemo