Re: Steering Committee and views of others

To: ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Steering Committee and views of others
From: Smokerbros@aol.com
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2005 01:32:39 EST
In a message dated 2/15/2005 6:35:59 AM Pacific Standard Time,
jerry@moutons.org writes:
It's not run like a representative government.  It's a democracy.
If you don't join the Steering Committee, it's like not registering
to vote.  You have chosen not to be taken into account.
I disagree to a certain extent.  I have always acted on the SC (as well as
various SCCA Advisory Committees and the SEB) as if I represented a
constituency, and I feel that everyone on the SC should do the same.  I don't
feel that
everyone does act that way, so in fact Jerry makes a good point.  If you want
stand up for yourself, you need to join the SC.  Kinda sad...

Charlie