RE: Steering Committee and views of others

To: "Bay_Area_Autocross_List" <ba-autox@autox.team.net>,
Subject: RE: Steering Committee and views of others
From: John Kelly <76067.1750@compuserve.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2005 18:57:31 -0500

Message text written by "Rick Brown"

"Reminds me of the line attributed to Bill Cosby that I ran across around
the
time I served on the SEB:

"I don't know the secret to success, but the secret to failure is trying to
please everybody".
"

That line has been fed to me as a reason for adding 200-300 pounds to our
car by the SEB and the PAC. It doesn't please us but it pleases the people
we have to run against. <G>

The net result is we decline to be cannon fodder at Topeka any further and
will only run locally. And along the way I will remind the "proper
authorities" how much in entry fees the SEC/PAC move is costing the club
financially. Naturally they won't care.

--John Kelly

--John Kelly