RE: Alameda Autocross?

To: <MWood24020@aol.com>, <mrehrer@rehrer.com>, <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Alameda Autocross?
From: "Donald McKenna" <donbarbmckenna@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 9 Oct 2005 19:30:03 -0700
Mike Wood writes in response to Matthew, or is it rights?

> In a message dated 10/9/2005 6:15:01 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
> mrehrer@rehrer.com writes:
>
> Ironically I think they have a cap on number of entrants that we  have
> not decreased
> our participation significantly enough to  meet. ;)
>

> I'd be very interested in details. I have a couple of local clubs that
> want
> help in better organizing events and the Alameda location would be
> optimal.
> I've  been under the impression that it was very, very expensive. Maybe
> some of
> those  PCA guys this weekend had to hock their string back driving gloves
> and
> gold  chains? :-)

Bigot, bigot, bigot!

Just kidding of course but, my most recent experience with, what I think
was, a Porsche club event (tour) could turn a person, particularly a non-car
person into a Sports car or, in this case, a Porsche hater.

I was in my Tahoe on a Saturday morning and as I turned into a left
turn/center lane on an otherwise two lane road so I could get into my
Lottery ticket store, I saw this "stream" of shiney cars coming down the
hill in the opposite lane, oh they're "one" of us I thought, all Porsches.
That positive, initial, exclamation turned to exasperation when this stack
of about twenty, now I saw them as "snooty" German car fans, wouldn't give
me an opening to make my left turn even though their lane had been stopped
by a signal change.

Just one "take" on how easy it is to offend the majority with a very minor,
and probably unintended, discourtesy.

We'all should keep in mind how important it is to be "good" citizens at all
times, particularly near our sites, by REALLY being low key and polite with
our driving.

                Don