the dark side

To: "ba-autox@autox.team.net" <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: the dark side
From: Anthony Tabacco <tony@atarchitects.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2007 13:13:01 -0800
If anyone is interested in going to the dark side, the cheap seats
cutoff for the annual region drivers road racing school on march 2-4 is
coming up on jan 15th (after that the price goes up a bit) and I know
there are still rental cars out there to be had. It is serious fun and
gives you two full years to convert the novice ticket you get to a
regional license (you can actually do that on the mid-season double
regional in a single weekend) if you want, or just treat it as a
value-added drivers ed experience. With a rental, you just show up and
get in the car.

figure about $3K total for the weekend:
tuition 570
car rental (say)1200
personal safety gear 1,000 (yours forever)
hotel 3 nights 150 (its in willows!)
meals 100,(you won't eat much, trust me)

For that you get national level instruction, about 8 full hours (!)of
track time at Thunderhill,ground school, two sanctioned (shortened
session)races, and your novice logbook. You only need to do 2 regionals
in the next seasons for you regional. its really a great deal.

I know it seems like a lot of money, but pretty soon.....you won't care.

tony