Reminder: Mt. Nebo Colour Tour next Sunday

To: BMCU Membership <bmcu@autox.team.net>
Subject: Reminder: Mt. Nebo Colour Tour next Sunday
From: Gary Lindstrom <gary@cs.utah.edu>
Date: Mon, 02 Oct 2006 07:55:46 -0600
Back to Mount Nebo
Fall Colour Tour 2006
October 8

It's been suggested and seconded to renew the BMCU tradition of
returning to circumnavigate Mount Nebo for this year's Fall Colour Tour
on Sunday, October 8th. As in the past we'll rendezvous in the parking
lot of the R.C. Willey Clearance Outlet 9000 South and Redwood Road at
about 8:30 AM, due to the distance. We will then go south on Redwood to
Lehi (SR-68) and continue south along the west side of Utah Lake to
Elberta, then go east on US-6 to Goshen, then south through Goshen
canyon on SR-141. This is a great road if they have filled the
potholes........:^). We will then proceed along the west shore of Mona
Lake and on into Nephi and Walker Bros. Phillips 66 / Wendy's truck stop
at SR-132, where we will stop, rest, grab food at Wendy's for those who
didn't bring a lunch. Thereafter we'll go east on SR-132 until you come
to the turn for Nebo loop and then north onto the Mt. Nebo Loop,
stopping at Bear Creek for a picnic and continuing over the loop which
emerges at Santaquin canyon in Payson. From there it is everyone on
their own tour for the trip home.

It's a great drive, likely to be a little chilly at the higher
elevations, or a LOT chilly. Like a good motorcyclist, wear all your
gear. You can always remove as needed.

With appreciation to Clayton, Gary and Mitch in the planning,

-- Paul Jaroch