Re: [Bmcu] Sat 12 June, Park City Cars & Coffee

To: <floyd_inman@msn.com>, <ryan.ecrconsulting@gmail.com>,
Subject: Re: [Bmcu] Sat 12 June, Park City Cars & Coffee
From: R J DAVIS <rogerdavis87@msn.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2010 18:00:59 -0600
Emigration Canyon looks good.

Thanks, Floyd.  I just got back from a quick run up Emigration Canyon, to
check the conditions.  It appears that the new surface has been "run-in" and
there is not a problem with the "chip & seal."  I did not hear nor detect any
stones being kicked up from the vehicles in front of me or going the opposite
direction.  I believe that the Emigration Canyon route should be fine for our
trip to Park City on Saturday.

The part that I encountered that had been resurfaced was only a little over a
mile long near the bottom of the canyon.  I turned around at the firehouse
since the new surfacing did not go that far up.  Even if there were more
resurfacing farther up the canyon, there has been so much traffic over those
areas that I believe that flying stones should be no more a problem than they
normally are.

I'll be in the east Zoo parking lot at 0815 for a 0830 departure for Kimball
Junction.

Roger D

> From: floyd_inman@msn.com
> To: ryan.ecrconsulting@gmail.com; bmcu@autox.team.net
> Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2010 10:23:35 -0600
> Subject: Re: [Bmcu] Sat 12 June, Park City Cars & Coffee
>
> Avoid Emigration Canyon. I can over it the other day and they have just
oiled
> the road. Or, if you decide to go that direction anyway you would assist in
> the oiling!
>
> > Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2010 08:52:40 -0600
> > From: ryan.ecrconsulting@gmail.com
> > To: Bmcu@autox.team.net
> > Subject: [Bmcu] Sat 12 June, Park City Cars & Coffee
> >
> > I just asked Duff about this idea and he said send it out. Considering we
> > had our cars all shined up for BFD but now its cancelled how about an
> > unofficial Mini-BFD at the "Park City Cars & Coffee" this Saturday? The
> > club would have held it anyway if not for the BFD at Liberty Park.
> > The Kimball Jct. parking lot area is huge and there's a few places within
> > walking distance to have breakfast if you want more than coffee. Stay
there
> > for a few hours to do show & tell and organize drives for those who want
> > do one, or just stay there for lunch or drive into PC for lunch. There's
> > new bowling alley there at the Redstone Center along with a movie center
> and
> > a bunch of restaurants. People could stay right there the whole day.
> >
> > Everybody could start at the Starbucks first then spider out to a number
of
> > different drives. Drop down by Mountain Dell Res, take the Lambs canyon
> > exit do the East Canyon drive down to Hogel Zoo or go through Morgan then
> on
> > through Mountain Green to Huntsville. Have lunch at the Shooting Star. Or
> > go south from PC to Heber and back down Provo Canyon (don't know the
status
> > of the road work) Go east past Jordanell on to Francis & Oakley? Lots of
> > options but we were all set for BFD so just show up for a big PC Cars &
> > Coffee.
> > Unless there's another plan I'm going to show up for the PC Cars & Coffee
> at
> > 9 as usual and see how many others show up. I had a free pass for
Saturday