Re: Bricks

To: Bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Bricks
From: jblair@exis.net (John T. Blair)
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 1997 18:28:58 -0500
At 11:16 AM 2/19/97 -0500, Pugsracer@aol.com wrote:

> John good to hear from you. When Mark told me he was going to start
> this list for Bricks i was somewhat skeptical about how much
> response we would get.  Maybe we need to get out a message to the
> editors of the Brickline.

I've already FAXed a short article about the Web page and the mailing
list to John Martin for the next issue Brickline.

> Although on the way to Vegas the gas tank overpressurized and we had
> gas coming out of the charcoal canister instead of vapor!
> The general consenus at the meet was that a new cap would solve the
> problem.  It didn't. Eventually we had to drive back to Salt Lake
> without a cap. Any ideas? i am thinking the vapor line is kinked or
> there is something in the tank.

I'm slowly learning about this new fangled stuff.  My 65 Morgan and
the 48 Triumph don't have that kind of problem.  However, I thought
there was some sort of purge valve to release the pressure on the
canisters.  Could this valve not be working?

I'll have to look into this a little more.  Keep in mind that I've
never driven my car.  I got it from Terry back in 88 just as I started
the restoration of my Morgan (check out:    http://www.team.net/www/morgan
)

Don't have any ideas on the throw out bearing either.  I had a bad
run of clutch parts once in my 65 Volvo P1800 but that's about it.
As you said in another post, sounds like it isn't releasing
completely.  Have you checked the input shaft on the xmission for any
burrs that might be limiting the movement of the disk plate?

     75 Bricklin SV1   77 Spitfire

The one with the most toys, wins!