Orginial or Not?

To: Bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Orginial or Not?
From: "Marvin May" <marvin_may@dlr.disney.com>
Date: Fri, 04 Apr 97 12:22:08 PST
     I'm restoring a '75 Brick, #1343, and trying to decide how "original"
     to make it.  The car has 11,000 miles on the OD but has been sitting
     for 11+ years.  I'm specifically trying do decide the following:

     The engine has been sitting with the carb/spark plugs/exhaust
     manifolds off so I don't know what shape it's in.  I also have a '73
     Mercury with the 351W/FMX combination with 63,000 miles on it.   The
     question is should I rebuild the original engine/trans or replace them
     with the engine/trans from the '73.  Also, should I replace the FMX
     trans with a Ford AOD (I can get one).

     Should I keep the original rear end or replace it with a Ford 9in with
     disk brakes?

     The body is in pretty good shape except for some spider cracks and
     corner chips on the hood.  Also, one door panel is broken where it
     bends to go over the top.  Should I (or can I) try to keep the body
     acrylic (by only replacing the door panel) or go with the painting
     method.

     I only have 2 of the original wheels so keeping them is probably out.

     The frame is out now being blasted/painted/rust-proofed (thanks to
     Joel and Pugs for helping me remove the body).

     Although I'm not planning on ever selling the car, I'm wondering how
     these changes will affect the future value.  Also how are these
     modifications viewed at the shows (I want to stay out of the custom
     category)?

     Marvin