Re: (no subject)

To: "S.G.Schiro" <gschiro@qsky.com>,
Subject: Re: (no subject)
From: Dave Cairns <dexin@idirect.com>
Date: Sat, 05 Apr 1997 03:09:55 -0600
S.G.Schiro wrote:

> Hello,
>
> My name is George Schiro.  I'm new to the list.  My Bricklin is 1974 VIN
> #678.  Driveable but in need of a complete restoration.
>
> I plan to upgrade a number of the components, including swaping in a AMC
> 401 for the 360 and installing a 5 or 6 speed manual.  If I can afford
> it, I'd also like to install quad Webers and add side pipes along the
> lines of a Bricklin I saw in the magazine.  That would free up
> enough space to position a spare tire in the existing muffler
> area. Purists might find these changes unacceptqable, but I view the car
> as an evolving platform to try out new ideas and concepts while still
> retaining the essential characteristics of the vehicle.
>
> I suscribe to the AMC list at the AMXfiles web site.  This list includes
> useful information for the Bricklin owner especially the '74.  Suggest
> you checkout http://www.amxfiles.com.  The AMC folks are working
> valiently to maintain the AMC margue.  They view the Bricklin as a
> 'wierd' cousin of the AMC.  I keep telling them that it is really an >AMC
> with an attractive body.

Well the way I see it is the Bricklin is a Ford and a AMC got together
and Had a Baby Bricklin.. :)

--
      /\  /\   / (___,,,}_--=         Dave Cairns                     )
     ) /^\) ^\/ _)        =__         Georgetown Ontario Canada        )
     )   /^\/   _)          (_        dexin@idirect.com                )
 /\  )/\/ ||  | )_)            (_     dcairns@bigfoot.com             )
<  >      |(,,) )__)             (    http://dexin.home.ml.org       )