(no subject)

To: bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: (no subject)
From: "S.G.Schiro" <gschiro@qsky.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 1997 15:16:43 -0500
Gentlemen,

With regard to the earlier question by John Blair about placing
information on the web site, I have no problem with that at all.

George Schiro
125 Park Street
Tecumseh, Michigan  49286
517.423.5961
gschiro@qsky.com

If you want to see a picture of my ugly mug, check our compamny's web
site at http://www.qsky.com.

My Bricklin is VIN number 678.  Bought last year form a fellow in Texas.
The car was originaly from California and was painted black.
Unfortunately, they didn't prep the acrylic correctly so many panels
have cracks in the acrylic.  The door skins have started to delaminate
along the window edges and the "I" section is delaminating on the roof.
 The hood has suffered the most.  Some curl at the corners that can be
fixed, but the acrylic over the air intake appears to have delamiated in
that area, probably from heat.  I may have to replace the hood but will
see what can be done.

Car has the AMC 360 and real wire wheels ( really looks good ), air
doors and a secondary electric air pump.  Might have a hot cam in the
360 as it idles a bit rough, the owner didn't know.  Might have a
leak in one of the core plugs.  Frame looks in good condition and I plan
to start work on the car as soon as it warms up a bit.  ( It is still
snowing here in Michigan!).  Outside of engine machining work,  I plan
to do most myself.  Afterall, where's the fun if you don't get down and
dirty with a car.  That's how it becomes your own.

To do all I have in mind will take several years and a fair bit of cash.
This includes swapping in a blueprinted 401 ( shooting for about 350
bhp), adding a manual transmission and a positraction rear end with disk
brakes.  Returning the car to its original white color ( with or without
the acrylic) and making major modifications to the interior, including
side air vents to keep the windows mist free, power windows and heated
power mirrors.

I saw a really trick Bricklin in the Brickline magazine with side pipes
that I'd love to add.  This might leave enough room for a spare tire
where the existing muffler resides.

Visibility is the biggest problem I have with the car.  At 5'10" I just
fit so raising the seat won't help.  I might raise the rear end a few
inches and see of that helps, but would like to hear from anyone with
ideas on how to improve forward visibility.  Rear visibility isn't a big
a problem as relatively inexpensive CCD cameras and small LCD monitors
are now available for the RV market.  If you buy a low lux model you can
actually see farther behind you on a dark night.

So much to do, So little time.

George Schiro