Roster

To: Bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Roster
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair@exis.net>
Date: Sat, 17 May 1997 21:10:57 -0400
Hey gang,

   We are slowly growing.  I just checked and we are now at 44 strong.
I guess it's time for me to go to work again.  I've mentioned it in the
past, but I guess I'll actually do something about it.

  I currently have the names, addresses, phone #, and VINs of about 30 of
the 44 members.  I will NOT release this information to the general public.
So if you've sent me you name don't worry.

  Over the last couple of evenings, I've been trying to put the ancillary
equip back on the engine of 887.  Today I hit a snag.  With the pictures I'd
taken, and the drawings I'd made, I couldn't figure out how the
powersteering pump and its brackets went on the car.  In desperation, I
started calling some of the members I had on my list.  The first 2 weren't
home and no answering machine (I really didn't realize that there were other
people as backwards as me - no cable TV and no answering machine).  I got
1 answering machine and left a message.  The next person I tried, I said
I had several questions:

   1. do you have a cordless phone?
To this he responded Yes! - Boy I thought I was home free!!!!

When I asked the 2nd question:
   2. is you Brick in you yard?

The responce was his car was at Terry's.  Oh well, on with the quest.  I
finally called someone in AZ that I hadn't talked to in several months.
Luckily they were home, had a cordless, and the car was in his garage.

Told him what my problem was, he said that he had just gone through that
a couple of weeks ago.  He spent about 45 min. on the phone talking me
through the maze of brackets, etc. and didn't loose his patience.  Thanks!!

The moral of this story, is that there aren't many of us around and we
need each other.

So, I'm proposing that I start a roster with names, addresses, phone #,
VINs, weither you are a DIYer and a member of BI.

The way we do it on the Morgan mailing list, is:

If you want to be put on the roster, please send me (privately) you stats.
I'll compile a list over the next week or 2.  When the names stop comming
in, I'll email (privately) every one that responded a copy of the roster.
Those that didn't respond will NOT get the roster.

Casey, in case you've joined the list, thanks for the help earlier.  And
thanks to Dave for returning my call.  I wasn't home when he called back,
so I called him back and we talked for about an hour.  Boy I'm going to
have a nice phone bill this month!!!!

John

John T. Blair  WA4OHZ          email:  jblair@nhr.com
Va. Beach, Va                  Phone:  495-8229

     75 Bricklin SV1   77 Spitfire