Re: 75 eng. questions (351 W)

To: jblair@exis.net
Subject: Re: 75 eng. questions (351 W)
From: Isensee@aol.com
Date: Mon, 26 May 1997 18:52:19 -0400 (EDT)
John,

The transmission lines run right alongside each other except at the ends
where they connect to the transmission and radiator. Both lines run along the
passenger side of the transmission then turn 90 degrees to pass under the
engine at the point where the engine and transmission mate and the oil pan is
high to provide lots of clearance. They turn 90 degrees again to run along
the driver side of the engine. They pass inside (engine side) of the engine
mounts.

You must have either the wrong alternator mounting plate or an extra hole in
it. The plate is roughly triangular with a hole near each point of the
triangle. Two bolts attach to the head and one to the alternator at its pivot
point.

I can't see the transmission linkages very clearly. If you don't get help
from someone else or figure it out on your own, let me know and I'll try a
little harder to find a spot where I can take a picture or make a drawing.

Scott