Forward visibility

To: bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Forward visibility
From: "S.G.Schiro" <gschiro@qsky.com>
Date: Tue, 27 May 1997 14:52:26 -0500
Gentlemen,

Vin #678 is now officially under reconstruction.  One of the major
improvements I want to make is increase forward visibility.  Has anyone
been able to improve the forward visibility of their Bricklin?

I plan to install seats with some height and seat rake adjustment, but
don't expect that will improve visibility sufficiently for me.  I'm
5'10" and with my head right to the top of the headliner I can't see as
well as I would like.

One option I have considered is raising the rear a few inches, possibly
by using larger tires. Another is 'shaving' out the hood hump which will
necessitate lowering the air cleaner and carb.  Has anyone tried these
or other strategies or is this a shortcomming of the car we just have to
live with?

Improving rear visibility isn't too difficult.  As I may have mentioned
earlier, I plan to install an inexpensive CCD camera in the rear and put
a small LCD display in the dash to provide a wide angle view of the
rear.  This may sound exotic but it is done all the time with large RV's
and buses since they have virtually no rear view from the drivers
position.

George Schiro