Re: Aftermath of "Its Alive"

To: "Jim Isbell" <JISBELLJR@mail.utexas.edu>, <Bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Aftermath of "Its Alive"
From: "Greg Monfort" <wingracer@email.msn.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 1997 17:15:54 -0500
Sorry about your fire. On the one hand though, it could have been much
worse. Back on July 4th I cranked mine up and gas sprayed the smog pump,
cleaning the grease out of the bearing, locking up the pump, causing the
belt to create enough friction to ignite the gas. Even with an extinguisher
nearby, the fire still ruined the electric fans, ignition module and
harness, RH headlamp vacuum operator, vacuum hoses and junctions, air filter
hoses, underhood insulation, etc. This after verifying, by cranking the
motor with the coil wire disconnected, that hoses were OK prior to startup.

GM