Miscellaneous parts needed for VIN 1758.

To: bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Miscellaneous parts needed for VIN 1758.
From: Godly Krew <GodlyKrew@aol.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 1997 23:34:27 EST
I need a few parts for VIN 1758...

1: an electronic control module for the tachometer compatible with an AMC
Gremlin
The tach reads too high, and this part will also make the redline work

2: I think I need a U joint for the FMX trans.  After a drive I put it up to
park and I hear this klunking sound...the trans seems to otherwise be working
properly.

3: In  volume 4 number 2 of the brickline for 1979, there is an ad for a power
window kit, along with hub caps, an electric air compressor with guage, and
carpet sets.  The ad says "make checks payable to Myles F. Connoly, Jr."   How
can I get in touch with him so I can order these parts?

4: Another ad in the same issue displays a remote control kit for the doors.
The name of the company offering the kit is "The magic Shop". I need an
updated phone number for them so I can get the kit.

5: My center console is damaged beyond repair, so I want to order one from JT
systems west.  Phone #?

6: I desparately need the drivers side glass for the door.  A used one is fine
as long as its in good shape.  The streets in our mobile home park in southern
CA got flooded this morning, thanks 2 El Nino.  Fortunately, the water did not
get high enough to go up the driveway.  Good thing we have a carport =)

7: I know a guy in aneheim that can custom match paint by computer and put it
in a spray can for $25.  I am still debating between two colors for above the
belt line: Silver (to match my 1986 Dodge Conquest-for sale) and 1996 Corvette
yellow.  I have heard that somebody painted their 74 4 speed silver, and would
like to get a photo that would give me an idea as to what a silver Brick looks
like.  What specifics should I give for the paint so it will shine while
keeping the fiberglass/acrylic layer intact?  I know that before I paint i
need to apply a water based sealer.  what kind?  how many coats?

8: I need a check valve for the headlamps.  what car is is compatible with?

I am in the process of developing a high tech security system for the car.
Right now all I have is a few part names (havent bought em yet) and a general
description of what each part does and where it goes.  Features include:
remote arm/disarm with door operation, glass break detector, battery
disconnect, custom event sounds, security breach/towing alert to owner, Ace 2
Ignition switch, Global Positioning System, and the infamous CARJACKER
SUPRISE!!!

By the way, what is the best way to make a replica or the dash without having
to make expensive molds?  What would happen if I made a plaster based replica
of the dash?  Bondo, myabe?   Or would it be possible to use fiberglass
without making an expensive mold?

I have my resons for replicating the dash.  I want to use it to install custom
digital guages that will not work with the current dash.

What should I use to glue the rubber seal to the door?  its coming loose.

I need to remove the black paint from the VIN tag that the mechanic put on
without my permission.  what do i use?

I was suprised to find that there are no steel beams that run along the side
of the car  above the belt line on either side of the birdcage.  All I have is
fiberglass and the interior panel

has anybody installed an air scoop on their Brick?

How can I get in touch with Mitch Steinberg, who owned VIN 2219 way back in
1984?  I need to ask him where i can find the upper console that was installed
when he bought it.

I also need contact info for Bob Hoffman so I can order the custom exhaust
system that was installed on VIN 782.  The system has quad exhaust on both
sides, for a total of eight exhaust pipes.

Even in its current state, VIN 1758 attracts plenty of attention.

Any news on the SV2 that is supposed to be released at the turn of the
century?

Riley Marquis III
1975 Bricklin VIN 1758
Safety Orange