Re: air door info

To: <giandtb@mb.sympatico.ca>, <bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: air door info
From: "Greg Monfort" <wingracer@email.msn.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 1997 19:44:23 -0500

>am interested in getting general info on air door system before i order a
>set.  Have never seen them and i own a 75  #1749.
>
>1  where does the air compressor go ?

The only one I saw was mounted on an additional plate welded to front bumper
extension.

>2  where does the air tank go ?

It gets welded to the backside of the rear bumper.

>3  is there an external valve stem to put in air just in case of no
>pressure ?

Yes, it's at the air tank, or you can run tubing to some other location.

>4  what happens to the electrical wiring from the hydraulic unit ?

You use it.

>5  how much work  ie: hours is involved in installation ?

Mine only has the the vacuum pump and I installed my system in one day.

>6  is the air or the electric system better  ?

What do you mean? If you mean vacuum pump versus compressor; I would
definitely get a compressor. The vacuum pump can't keep up if you make a
series of stops, such as running errands.

>7  are there any must options over the standard kit  ?

Only the compressor as far as I know.

GM