More Air Door Questions

To: bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: More Air Door Questions
From: "John M. Cotterell" <cotterel@hal-pc.org>
Date: Mon, 08 Dec 1997 22:59:58 -0600
I purchased an air door system in 1986 from Tim Begley of Bricklin
Services in Fort Worth, TX.  I understand he moved to Rhode Island or
somewhere and has dropped off the Bricklin radar screen.  The kit
included a small air compressor which mounted under the trim inside the
rear of the car (between the bottom of the hatch and the floor) and the
air tank bolted under the floor just behind the passenger compartment.
It also had additional independent assist cylinders which mounted on the
doors.  The air pump system worked fine, except the air compressor is a
bit loud in the passenger compartment.  There is no vacuum pump and the
compressor is a manual operation (no automatic low pressure switch to
start it).  My questions are:

1. Do other systems have automatic pressure switches?
2. Is a supplemental vacuum pump advisable to reduce the amount of time
the compressor needs to operate?
3. What is the compressor capacity (cubic feet per minute or other
volume per unit time measurement) used on the current air door systems?
I think my compressor could be smaller than those currently used.

Thanks for having this website.  It is comforting to know that helpful
folks are but a few keystrokes away.

John Cotterell

75 Bricklin
55 T-Bird