Heater Fan Blower Switch

To: Bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Heater Fan Blower Switch
From: "Pete Freeland" <pete@fltdyn.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 1997 10:48:16 +0000
I have been in the process of restoring a late '75 white Bricklin
here in Portland, Oregon.  There are only two other cars in the state
and consequently it is difficult to get any detailed information on
the car locally.

My switch for the fan that controls the heater and defroster has
shorted and melted at the contacts.  I have several questions that I
wondered if someone could help with:

1.  Is there an equivalent replacement switch assembly that I can get
(i.e. a Ford or AMC part)?

2.  If not, is the only other source the Bricklin parts suppliers?

3.  Is this a common problem on Bricklins?

Thanks for your help

Pete Freeland
4035 N. Colonial Ave
Portland, OR 97227