Re: Removing body panels

To: <bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Removing body panels
From: "Dave Farbacher" <igster@nauticom.net>
Date: Mon, 9 Mar 1998 09:24:54 -0500
George,

I have removed all body panels from my Brick.  This worked well with a
combination of sharp chisels, sharp putty knives, a cutoff tool, and lots of
time and patients.  The nice thing about doing this is the entire birdcage
can go to the sandblaster and any repair needed is easily done.  As far as
putting it all back together, the birdcage / front floor and the rear floor
can be squared up and bolted back to the frame.  Then, after all of the old
bonding compound is removed from the panels they can be reassembled.

I do agree however, that if there is not much work needed on the birdcage
don't take it all apart.

Take it for what it's worth.

Dave Farbacher