Removing body panels

To: bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Removing body panels
From: "S.G.Schiro" <gschiro@qsky.com>
Date: Fri, 06 Mar 1998 12:57:20 -0600
I have read it is taboo to remove the rear quarter panels from the
birdcage/frame when taking the car apart for restoration.  What is the
real story on this?  Has anyone every removed these panels and succeded
in putting them back in place?  What keeps them on; glue, rivits,
bolts?  If I am going to go to the trouble of a frame off restoration, I
like to get to every part that can rust so it can be cleaned and
protected.  I remember seeing a Bricklin at Bob Hoffman's that had all
the body panels removed from the frame, possibly for replacement with
new fiberglass panels.

PS has anyone had experience with using nylon bushings ( as opposed to
rubber or urethane) for the suspension and steering joints?

George Schiro