Re: Repair on support for air scoop

To: Bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Repair on support for air scoop
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair@exis.net>
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 1998 18:24:14 -0500
At 12:05 AM 3/11/98 PST, K M wrote:
>Unfortunately, the passenger side of the scoop was ripped away by the
>previous owner leaving only a portion of the inner fender that should
>terminate in the attachment bolts.  I am sure that this must have
>happened before and I'm wondering whether anyone jigged up a mold or
>something to make the missing part or whether they used a sandwiched
>piece of metal and just did it.  Any help?

Kim,

   I'm not sure what you are talking about.  Is the fiberglass scoop
broken, or the metal front lower part of the fender well missing.  On
my car (887) the front part of the fender well was rusted away.  I had
to make a new box and weld it to the remaining part of the fender well.

              48 TR1800    65 Morgan 4/4 Series V