Re: Ever get those window rollers to work?

To: <bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Ever get those window rollers to work?
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair@exis.net>
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 1998 19:41:10 -0500
At 09:34 AM 3/12/98 -0500, Greg Monfort wrote:

>Are the mechanisms the same for all Bricklins?

I don't know.  Don't know if anyother regulators will work either.  I've
kept the regulators out of the various AMCs that I've stripped just
incase.  However, I thought I saw regulators in either Terry's or Bob's
inventory relatively inexpensively.

>....My door's metal shells are broken and only held together by the
>skins, but the glass still moves freely.

Unfortunately, a very common problem  There is a fix but you have to
remove the skins to do it.  It consists of welding a heavy metal plate
that looks like a boomerang to the door frame at the bend where it
turns from vertical to horizontal.  Once that's in place, you reweld the
crack in the door frame, grind smooth and reinstall the door skin.

              48 TR1800    65 Morgan 4/4 Series V