How do I hot wire starter?

To: Bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: How do I hot wire starter?
From: GLCurley@aol.com
Date: Sun, 19 Jul 1998 17:06:58 EDT
Hi,
Ok #670 still has no air condition and needs the windows rebonded, but I am
trying to get #223 started.  To debug the thing and need to know which
contacts I jump to send current to the starter.  There are big terminals on
both sides going to the battery and starter, and two smaller terminals with
wires that I guess make the solenoid close the circuit for the big wires.  I
got daring and saw a few sparks already so before I fry everything maybe
someone can tell me if it should be possible to safely short the thing and run
the starter.  Thanks.
George Curley