Re: Air door question

To: Bricklin@autox.team.net, jeaglesflight@pacificcoast.net
Subject: Re: Air door question
From: "K M" <symbiotic@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Jul 1998 09:26:40 PDT
There are a total of three adjustable devices in the air door conrol
panel on my car.  One that is common to both doors (and their respective
"open" solenoids), and is likely the black knob, is the air pressure
regulator.  Adjusting that controls how much air pressure goes to the
open solenoids and, hence, how much air pressure goes into the air
cylinder when the solenoid is triggered by the door switches.

Then there are two little bleeder valves, one on each down solenoid.
When the down solenoid is triggered by the switch, that solenoid opens
to let air out  of the cylinder.  The only thing that keeps the air from
rushing out of the cylinder is the bleeder valve.  The more closed it
is, the slower the door goes down. Wide open or missing and the door
slams shut. Kim