Re: Vacuum Cannister for headlight system

To: <bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Vacuum Cannister for headlight system
From: "Dave Farbacher" <igster@nauticom.net>
Date: Fri, 9 Oct 1998 09:04:42 -0400
Hey all,

WARNING !!! - If you use an old propane cylinder, empty is NOT good enough
!!
When the cylinder is empty (that is, pressure inside the cylinder =
atmospheric pressure), there is still propane in the cylinder.  When you
begin drilling, air will mix with the propane.  If the air / propane mixture
gets within the flammable limits and you cause a spark with the drill, boom.

You MUST put the cylinder under full vaccuum (approx. 30"), then let room
air fill the cylinder.  Do this several times to be sure that all propane
has been expelled.

The idea of not having a cannister is good.  The only real reason it's there
is for an "extra" headlight door opening after the car is shut off and that
will only happen if you have a leak free system (fat chance).

dave farbacher