Re: Air Pump

To: bricklin@autox.team.net, marquila@gte.net
Subject: Re: Air Pump
From: "K M" <symbiotic@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 1998 18:28:35 PDT
If you're talking about the air compressor for the doors, there are a
lot of alternatives.  Tanner sells a good one for 300.00 (expensive for
my tastes), Hadley has a single piece (motor and compressor together)
and a two piece (motor and compressor have a little fan belt between
them). The two piece one is available from J.C. Whitney for about 140,
if I remember right. I have the two piece one and, frankly, I am not all
that happy with it.  It seems to take a long time to fill the tank and
seems to be working hard doing it.  I have only had this on the car for
about a month. There also is the Monroe air shock compressor.  Both of
the cars that I have owned came with this and it seemed to do an okay
job. The main thing, of course, is to check the system and eliminate
leaks. Oh, the vacuum compressor used to be supplied by Hadley but when
I spoke with them they said that they didn't have any left.  They did
have some rebuild kits for them as of about a month ago. I would  think
that the real limit on the system would be fairly high, but no need to
go much over 125 or 150.  Remember, this pressure is only on the
compressor, the storage tank and the high side of the regulator. Kim