'75 Carb swap and the California Smog Police

To: Bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: '75 Carb swap and the California Smog Police
From: godlykrew@juno.com (Riley F Marquis III)
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 1998 11:12:16 -0700
Hey, all!
Donno if my test message came through, but if it did I apologize for the
repeat.
If you live in California and have tried swapping the carb on your Brick,
please contact me.
I have reason to believe that the carb on 1758 is in need of an overhaul.
 If I'm going to do carb work, I'd might as well put in something nice
like a 2bbl holley 650.  My fear is the local smog police.  Anybody out
there have good/bad luck, or tips on making sure I pass smog next time
its due?

BTW, can a Brick pass smog if the carb needs work?  1758 passed smog with
flying colors when I bought her.

Lastly, John told me briefly about a replacement camshaft that boosts '75
cars to 200-225 horses and improves gas mileage with a carb replacement.
If you've tried this, I would love to hear details, like part #'s and mpg
specs.  I might go for the cam replacement if I can do it while replacing
the intake gasket =)

Riley Marquis III
VIN 1758

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]