Re: Odometer repair

To: Isensee@aol.com
Subject: Re: Odometer repair
From: Steve Bepko <sbepko@mail.bcpl.lib.md.us>
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 1999 17:53:37 -0400 (EDT)
On Mon, 12 Jul 1999 Isensee@aol.com wrote:

> My odometer has quit working. It will occasionally start for a mile or two,
> but most of the time doesn't move. The speedometer works fine so I know the
> cable is OK.

Ours never worked from the day we bought.  Could not find a place to
repair them (apparently they are sealed units), so we ended up getting an
"almost the same" one from a mail order catalog for about $90 as I recall.
The difference was in the speedometer face and the angle the needle went
through.

> What is a common source of failure on the odometer, is there a gear that
> strips out? Where can I get parts or send it for repair?

Terry Tanner confirmed that the only repair place is overseas, as I
recall.

> Scott Isensee
> isensee@aol.com

I am Pentium of Borg, precision is futile,
you will be approximated...

     /  |  .                   sbepko@bcpl.net          . .      .      |
    /  .|                       Baltimore, MD.           .        ....o |