Re: Air doors

To: mhuffing@trianglenet.net, bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Air doors
From: "K M" <symbiotic@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 1999 23:58:53 PDT
How far and how fast they raise is a function of the air pressure that they
receive.  Not the air pressure at the compressor or how much pressure is in
the tank, but the air pressure at the regulated side of the regulator.  If I
were you, I would slowly crank that puppy up, til the doors raise up in
about 2 seconds.  The air that you hear is actually from the cup seal on the
cylinder -- the tops of the cylinders are not air tight (they would not work
if they were) so . . . the escaping air is working its way around the cup.
Kim