Re: help

To: Mdsjcjensen@aol.com, Bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: help
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair@exis.net>
Date: Mon, 09 Jul 2001 18:38:13 -0400
At 08:03 PM 7/8/01 EDT, you wrote:

>I just bought #1232 and am looking forward to many frustrating times I'm
sure.

Mark,

  Hello.  I'm the publisher of The Brickline, the quarterly magazine of
Bricklin International club.  Welcome to the group.  I also maintain the
Bricklin Registry a listing of all know cars.  If you would, please send
me (off list) your name, address, phone #, VIN #, who you bought your car
from and when.  This is for the registry database.  Currently all I know
about this car is it was forsale in Wilmington, DE.

I'm attaching a copy of the club membership form incase you'd like to
join the club.  If you haven't checked out our web page, I suggest that
you do, especially the tech section.  We have a list of vendors and parts
xref list, and several articles on maintaining your car.

You might also want to check out our events page.  Our National meet is
comming up in a couple of weeks in Cleveland, OH.  That would be a great
place to take pictures of what the car is supposed to look like and get
lots of good help.  If you go besure to either take a tape recorder or at
least some notebook paper and a pen to write down what you learn.

>I'm looking for the mounting brackets for the door assist struts.  They were
>removed and "lost" by the previous owner.

I am going to assume that you don't know much about the Bricklin - this may
be wrong on my part and if so, please forgive me.  Are talking about the
"nitrogin" like strut on the front of the door?  If so which one, the one
on the body or the one on the door?

If you mean the one for the main lift ram on the back of the door, again,
which one, the one that mounts to the door (roof) or the one that attaches
the ram to the trunk deck?

These are 2 very different types of rams/struts and anchors.

BTW, I really like the fact that you one a TR3.  One of my all time favorite
cars.  I had 4 of then in my youth.  Chopped them up and made 1 good car,
then put a Fiberfab body on it.  Wish I hadn't done that, and had all the
spare body panels I used to have.

>Also the seloniods for the door pistons don't work.  Where can they be
>purchased for a reasonable price?

Are they getting power?  Can you unlatch the door manually?  I'm wondering
if the mechanical latches are stuck and/or if the solenoids work at all.

If you mean the electric solenoids to unlatch the door, they basically don't
exist any more, and weren't very good to start with.  Does your car have
air doors?  If so, you might want to convert to the air latches Terry
Tanner has made.