Emission controls

To: Bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Emission controls
From: "Alan Coleman" <colemaal@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2001 16:44:36
Last week, I dropped the exhaust manifolds for my 74 off at a machine shop
to have the old studs and air injection bolts drilled out. Since then, I
have tried to get new air injection bolts, the air injection manifolds and
the butterfly (damper) on the right manifold with no luck. I have been told
that they are discontinued and not available.

What is everone doing?? Are the parts available somewhere?? Is everyone just
plugging the holes in the exhaust manifolds?? What about the butterfly?? The
body of mine is cracked and it no longer functions. Will a ford unit fit and
are they available??

Maryland exempts 78 and older cars from emission inspections, but I would
like to keep it original. Any suggestions???????

Thanks

Alan Coleman