Re: Emission controls

To: Bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Emission controls
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair@exis.net>
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2001 17:53:57 -0400
At 04:44 PM 7/11/01, Alan Coleman wrote:
>Last week, I dropped the exhaust manifolds for my 74 off at a machine shop
>to have the old studs and air injection bolts drilled out. Since then, I
>have tried to get new air injection bolts, the air injection manifolds and
>the butterfly (damper) on the right manifold with no luck. I have been told
>that they are discontinued and not available....

Alan,

  Can't really help, but you can try some of the AMC vendors listed in the
vendors list.  As to the "butterfly" the one on my 75 was shot.  I took it
of when I had the new exhaust system made.  This should be the "heat raiser"
which is supposed to close off in cold weather and help the manifold head
up quicker and then the heat stove on the side of the manifold supplies
warmer air to the carb via the flex hose on the bottom of the snorkel.

These, on most cars, have always been a source of problems, especially
if they stick closed.

Hope this helps some.  Let me know what you find, and I'll put it in the
magazine.