FW: Cage Number

Subject: FW: Cage Number
From: Ken Thompson <kthompson@totalaccess.net>
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2001 17:11:42 +0000
----------
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair@exis.net>
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2001 17:10:51 -0400
To: Ken Thompson <kthompson@totalaccess.net>
Subject: Re: Cage Number

At 06:43 AM 7/12/01 +0000, you wrote:

>I just found a number stamped into the sill, RH side lower horizontal
>surface. It is " SV-440". Any thoughts on this. I would have expected it to
>match my vin # 46.

Ken,

  No I don't have any idea.  You should ask the group.  The only thing I
can think of, is it may have been a lot number where the parts for a
specific
car were put - again I agree with you, why not the vin of the car.  It may
also be some sort of an inventory number of the part or the bin where the
part was stored before being pulled for the build.