electrical problem???

To: bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: electrical problem???
From: "Ryan Rodgers" <bricklin_2568@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2001 00:08:15 -0500
  Ok,

  On #2568, I have Digital Intellitronix gauges,  on the water temperature
gauge.  The temperature always raises when I turn an outside lighht on.
When I hit the brakes,  temperature raises. when I let off the brake, the
temp goes back to where it was. when the reverse lights are on temperature
raises.  headlights and parking lights and turn signals the same thing.
when I unluged the wire to the brake pedal that goes to the brake lights, I
pressed the brake and the temp stayed the same.  So I'm not sure if thats
the way it should be?  Its a digital guage and it only raises about 4
degrees when a light comes on. but when you got your headlights on and press
the brake it raises pretty good.  If my enigne didn't overheat so easy I
wouldn't care but it gets up there pretty high when I'm driving.  So do I
have an electrical problem?  or is this the way it should be?  If anyone
knows I could sure use the help.

                         Ryan #2568
                         Rodgers