a slight wreck

To: Bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: a slight wreck
From: "K M" <symbiotic@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2001 06:33:17
I took the Bricklin out for a ride yesterday and the sun was going down as I
approached a 4-way stop by my house. I stopped and continued through the
intersection but then, crack, I hit it. It was one of those tiny RC cars
with a guy hopping mad and running toward my car with a radio in his hand.
He said that his car had gotten to the stop sign first, stopped, and had the
right of way when I ran over it. He admitted that I had come to a full and
complete stop.

He was definitely agitated and immediately called the cops on his cell
phone. After a couple of minutes the police showed up and started talking to
us. I admitted that I did not see the car at all and the cop gave me a
ticket for failure to yield the right of way. I dont know that it is
reasonable for the police to expect a car driver to look for model cars at
intersections. I mean, would the police have given him a ticket if he ran
the stop sign and ran into and scuffed up my tire?

Now I have two choices  pay and go to traffic school or appear before a
judge and fight it. Plus the police demanded that I give the kid my
insurance information and phone number. That little car couldnt cost more
than $500 but now they are going to contact Hagerty insurance and there go
my rates. Just wanted to let people know to stay alert. Kim