Re: window seals

To: "High Tech Coatings" <htc@MNSi.Net>
Subject: Re: window seals
From: jugeauj@gdls.com
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2001 08:37:43 -0400
Neat, this comes as pretty good timing.
I was saving this for my next salvo of questions.

Both of my quarter glass moldings are shot as well as the door glass'.
Someone prior to me had them sealed up using silicon caulk which looks
pretty nasty and their effectiveness debatable.
As far as the quarter glass, one of mine is about ready to fall out; the
silicon's gave way.
Is the only thing that's supposed to hold that glass in place the molding
or are there clips or bracketing of some sort that are also needed?

Jean-Louis "Louis"

PS
I'd like to thank all those who've responded to my first e-mail.
The response was great!

                    "High Tech
                    Coatings"                  To:     "jlwncw"
<jlwncw@bellsouth.net>
                    <htc@MNSi.Net>             cc:     "bricklin"
<Bricklin@autox.team.net>, (bcc: Jean-Louis
                    Sent by:                   Jugeau/GD_AAAV/GDAS)
                    owner-bricklin@auto        Subject:     Re: window seals
                    x.team.net

                    08/31/2001 07:02
                    Please respond to
                    "High Tech
                    Coatings"

I have several sets of NOS window opening moldings as well as quarter glass
moldings. they are not the same, the quarter glass is a U, While the door
glass was a Bricklin only piece with multiple contours. the door window
opening moldings are $20 /pr and the quarter glass moldings $10/ pr
Rick , 0539,2028,2884 htc@mnsi.net