Re: Anyone work on wiper motor?

To: Bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Anyone work on wiper motor?
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair@exis.net>
Date: Tue, 04 Dec 2001 19:17:52 -0500
At 08:54 PM 12/4/01 +0000, Kim wrote:

>It's rainy here in California and my wipers only work on high speed and they
>won't park.  Does anyone have any experience troubleshooting this system and
>in taking the motor off the firewall? Maybe an article? Thanks, Kim.

Kim,

  For starters, I can handle getting it off the fire wall.  You need to
remove the sheet metal screws around the plate it is sitting on, and
disconnect the electrical power at the connector.  Next you have to
disconnect the motor from the wiper arm extensions (for lack of better
word).  There is a clip (I've included about 5 pictures of it in a
seperate email - so the group gets this) that is a real pain to get off.
The clip has a little barb (the end is folded over some) that you have to
pry away from the pin that it is sitting on. Then while gently prying, you
have to slide it so that the tab slides over top of the pin.

A flashlight and a mirror may help you get a better idea of what I'm
talking about.

I'm taking the wiper motor apart now to find the park switch and see if
I can tell you how to jumper it to test both speeds.

BTW, the best windshield wiper is RAINX!!!!