Call 4 articles

To: Bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Call 4 articles
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair@exis.net>
Date: Sun, 23 Dec 2001 10:46:12 -0500
OK gang,

  It's offically winter now.  So many of you have put your Bricks into
hybernation, and have a list of things to do to her, or have been working
on her.

  The Jan. 2002 issue is slowly making its way around.  I haven't received
either my drop shipment or my copy from the mailers yet, but I did get an
email from one of the members that gets a drop shipment.  He has received
the drop shipment on Friday.  That usually means that the magazines will be
in the mail within the next 2 weeks.  So well see.

  I won't start laying out the April edition until Feb 1.  So if you have
done anything to your car how about writting up a tech article.

I have received 2 great articles from:
   one from Seth Bunin about wheels & tires
   one from Greg Arend about Camshafts

So if you have a particular area of expertise or knowledge, please write about
it.  If you took your car on an outing and had problems which made the
trip a little more interesting, please write about it.  I'm looking for:
Novice Corner articles - articles for the beginners,
History                - anything about the history of the car, the plant,
etc.
Human interest         - How I got my car, what my car has done to me, etc.
Technical              - How to do something, replace the water pump, etc.
I give up              - How you tried to do something that sounded very
                         simple, and wasn't.
Tools                  - I'm currently working on an article about
sandblasting.
                         Rick (of High Tech Coatings) and I have both
written up
                         some stuff.  I just haven't put it together.  Anyone
                         want the raw data, and try to put an article
together.
                         Any type of article on what tools you use for what
jobs.
Almost anything        - Letters to the editor with comments pro or con
                         about the club, what you'd like to see done
                         differently, etc.  Just don't get into personalities.

Several of us have been talking about paint a car.  If anyone is in the
business, a good tech article on modern paints, or the new spray guns.  Again,
Rick has said he'd try to put something together, but if someone else out
there
is knowledgeable about the subject, let me know.  If Rick hasn't started his
article, that would free him up for something else.

I can't put the magazine together without articles, and I can't write them
all myself.  There is less than a handfull of people that have written more
than 1 article.  And many many that haven't written anthing.  So come on and
help give something back to the club.  Write an article.

Along with articles, I WANT pictures.  If you have a digital camera, I can
use the images from that.  If you use film, when you get the film developed,
how about having double prints made.  Send me the dups that pertain to your
article.  (I can't guarentee that you'll get them back.)

If you want to write and article, but need some help, advice, want to know
more
about how to submitt them, please, please, email or call me.  I'm more than
willing to help you.

The club needs your help!

Editor/Publisher The Brickline
Quarterly Magazine of Bricklin International

     75 Bricklin SV1   77 Spitfire   71 Saab Sonett III