Radiator cap

To: <Bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: Radiator cap
From: Isensee@aol.com
Date: Tue, 25 Dec 2001 10:28:21 EST
In the previous discussions on overheating, one thing I haven't seen mentioned
is to check the radiator cap. Yesterday I noticed coolant seeping from my
radiator cap. It is one of those caps with a red lever to vent the pressure.
There was a leak in the center of the cap where that vent lever connects to a
plunger. It was causing me to lose some coolant and may have kept the cooling
system from reaching the correct pressure.

After noticing that on my Bricklin, I checked my other cars and found that
another with the same type of cap was leaking in the same place. I replaced
them with caps that don't have venting levers.

Scott Isensee