INTAKE

To: <Bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: INTAKE
From: "Mitwelt" <mitwelt@bellsouth.net>
Date: Sun, 16 Jun 2002 22:12:07 -0400
The edelbrock performer is a good choice for a mild mod.  I would seriously
consider using the performer cam also, and the alum heads if you want a
noticeable increase in performance.  A very capable set up with very good
bottom end torque.  As for the avenger carb,,,,   Edel makes a very good and
very RELIABLE and streetable carb for this set up.  This is a very "vanilla"
set up.

Understandably, as for the emissions thing, no one can  advise you to do
this due to current laws and restrictions.  That you must undertake at your
own risk.  I can tell you that many 75 351s have gone through this mod
without incident.

As to the boots, YES, use them.  Especially with the chrome plating which
had a tendency to really turn up the degrees!!!   Try to route the wired
away and OUTboard of the exhaust, not directly ABOVE.  I've witnessed a set
of Taylor 409s turn to ash.

good luck, I hope this helps

stephan #2821