Re: INTAKE

To: Bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: INTAKE
From: "Phil Martin" <pmartin_vacation@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2002 12:52:01 +0000
The name of the original poster was stripped out of Stephen's response.
Whoever first posted about swapping the intake and carb and cutting down on
emmissions equipment, this post is directed to you.

====
Understandably, as for the emissions thing, no one can advise you to do
this due to current laws and restrictions.  That you must undertake at your
own risk.
====
I'm pretty sure that you can find plenty of people to advise you on how and
why to simplify your underhood set-up for more power at the ezpense of the
old emissions control equipment.  If your car is exempt, then you can chuck
everything that doesn't actually help the car's performance or driveability.
  eg: everything but the PCV valve and vacuum advance...  I haven't looked
hard at what's on the '75 351 because I yanked mine with the intention of
replacing it entirely with something else.

But if you're replacing the intake and carb, that should give you an
opportunity to do some serious clean-up.

And BTW - there are *plenty* of people who will happily advise you to do
illegal or socially irresponsible things.  Once you get the car together, I
personally advise you to drive the thing around at 100mph on the highways,
and do some killer smoky burnouts in town. :)  Note that YOU assume all
risks associated with following this advice. :)

Good luck,
--
Phil Martin
"I don't know what I'm to say,