Re: Aftermarket Intake

To: jim.ginny@cox.net, bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Aftermarket Intake
From: Maycinc@cs.com
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2002 22:13:12 EDT
Jim,
My engine came from a '73 Ford so it doesn't have the holes in the back of
the heads or intake for the '75 smog stuff so I couldn't put it on if I
wanted.  I had no problem passing the Salt Lake City emissions test (fairly
tough) with flying colors. Some states, like Calif., require the smog stuff
to be there even if it passes the test without it (go figure).  I had a '79
Toytota that didn't have a catalitic converter and Calif. made me put one on
even though it passed the test.
Marvin