re:headlight problem

To: "<" <bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: re:headlight problem
From: "jlwncw" <jlwncw@bellsouth.net>
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2002 05:16:59 -0400
When I had a problem with my headlights,it was easy for me to keep them
down.You could connect a vacuum line directly to the actuator with a valve in
the line to close when they are down so they'll stay or what I did was attach
two bungee cords(one to each light)somewhere on the frame so that they have a
fair amount of tension when they get to the headlight opening from
underneath.Use the kind with rubberized hooks so you don't scratch your paint
and hook it onto the hood extension at the opening for the headlight.Now reach
from the top of the headlight assy. down into the opening where the spring is
on the actuator rod and push it in while pushing down on top off the headlight
fiberglass cover.When it goes down,lift the bungee hook off the hood extension
and connect it somewhere just under the fiberglass cover(you may have to
remove the plastic headlight covers)to keep them down.When you use your
headlights,pick up the headlight and disconnect the bungee cord,then hook it
back on the bottom part of the headlight assy. so it's hidden from view.Sounds
complicated,but it's quick and easy.