Re: Parts 4 sale

To: <Bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Parts 4 sale
From: "GM" <altec210@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Jun 2002 23:48:25 -0400
> Their main problem is being very short, the arc
> they describe will be about an half inch longer during spring compression.
====
Yep, and can be very dangerous in fast transition manuvering, but then I
guess you already knew that. ;^) I almost crashed n' burned learning it.
:^( They went in the company metal scrap bin post haste.
====
> Axle yaw shouldn't be a big problem with the leaf springs but windup
could.
====
Well, a Watts linkage would still be nice. :^)
====
>What I think the rear
> suspension could benefit most from is an anti-sway bar.
====
Agreed.
====

> Has anyone made any suspension modifications that have improved handling?
====
Just removing the links so far.
====
> Besides the passenger side upper shock mount, are there any frame areas
that
> have caused problems de to breakage or distortion?
====
This is new to me and I haven't kept up in years, but I don't recall it ever
being mentioned anywhere in the past. Went out and looked under the rear,
but didn't see anything obvious.
====
   It will be a lot easier
> to fix the frame or add modifications with the chassis off.
====
For sure.
====

> PS:  I asked earlier whether anyone knows the front / back weight
> distribution of a stock Bricklin.  My guess is 60/40 but if anyone knows
the
> "official" figure, please let me know.
====
Don't know about '74, C&D '75 road test lists 56.5/43.5.

GM