Re: getting a bricklin out of storage

To: "bl" <bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: getting a bricklin out of storage
From: "High Tech Coatings" <Htc@MNSi.Net>
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2003 14:21:38 -0500
Here is what I did for my 76 that had 400 miles on it and sat in a car
dealership for 20 +years. First remove all the spark plugs and fill the
cylinders with as good a penetrant as you can afford, wd40 is Ok but there
are better and more expensive ones out there. I then let it sit for week.
Put a 7/8 socket on a extension and bar and wiggle the bolt in the damper,
don't try  to turn the engine, just wiggle it a bit to loosen the rings. let
it sit for anther week or so, turn the motor about 1/4 turn and refill the
cylinders. let it sit another week.
 Now disable the coil and crank the engine to spray out all that excess oil
this is real messy so do  it at their place ;-), crank the engine tat least
till you see oil pressure on the gauge.now change the oil and reinstall the
plugs, put some fuel in the carb vent and start the car. It will smoke real
bad for the first couple of minutes till you burn all the oil out of the
cylinders. Now it is time to change the oil again. and determine if the
engine is worth saving.
as for what to offer that will be determined by the overall condition of the
car. my guess without seeing  the car is someplace between $2500-5000, but
its just a guess.